Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Best Way To Sell Your OverFlowing Closet of Clothes

When I learned of okay six years ago I was so exited ; I'd found a place where I could search for all my favorite clothing and assesories brands all in one place ! So of course I was glued to the geputer for hours, even days just bidding and buying more and more of my favorite most desired brands ! It didn't take long before I realized I was accumulating way too much stuff and it was time to do something about it. It wasn't just okaygoods, I have a mad shopping problem tobegin with. My closet was so full I could no longer search thru it to find anything. That was when I decided it was time to learn how to sell on okay.
I had a lot of new, unworn items and also a lot of used but in great condition items that I sold ( and am still selling ). I never thought of myself as much of a salesperson, but I have been quite sucessful with my sales on okay. I feel that the key to being a good seller when it gees to clothing is HONESTY in how you describe the item, how well you present your item , and also being reasonable with your shippingand handleing rates.When I say HONESTY I mean, if it is in gently worn condition, then you say that it is in GENTLY WORN condition, not new without tags which a lot of sellers do. I know this because I have recieved items that were not in the condition they were listed as in the description. A buyer will always value your honesty when they receive the item.
How well you present the item not only means taking good, clear pictures it also means listing your items in LOTS or individually. The item'sbrand, size, and condition is a factor on whether or not it should be in a LOT. If the item is a very popular, sought after peice then you would have much more success selling it individually. If you have more than one item that is the same brandand /or size but WORN or GENTLY WORN then it would be better to list them all together in a LOT. Buyersget moretempted when searching okay by quantity for a lower starting bid with worn clothes , than finding an individual peice that has been worn for the same starting bid. If you have clothing that is the same style and size but different brands it would be okay to put into a LOT also. Listing items in a LOT that are different sizes is not effective in selling because the buyer searching may not be interested in the other sizes that would not fit them.
The seller sets the shipping price, so the more accurate you are with the price the more tempting the purchase total will be to the buyer. Having an outrageous shipping price turns buyers away, and plus it is not fair for the buyer to pay more than needed to ship their purchase. This is where a shipping calculater is helpful to add to your listing. It does cost a little extra, but it does attract more buyers.
These are all tips I have learned from by buying and selling experiances of clothing and accesories. These work quite well for me, so if you're thinking about maximizing your closet space a little bit more then okay is the most fun , effective place to do it !!

No comments:

Post a Comment