Wednesday, September 28, 2011

NEW SELLER? READ THIS FIRST BEFORE SHIPPING!!

This guide is to educate new and old sellers, if they do not know about flat rate shipping boxes and envelopes.
I came across alot of auctions, where I dont think the actual seller knows too much about shipping cost and different ways to ship packages to save the buyer money, and reduce the shipping to attract more bidders.
Let me explain:
I came across an auction for 20 jars of baby food, yes, we know how those jars are heavy, but did you know that this seller was charging 25.00 to ship parcel post? AHHHHH!! No-No, No!!
All this seller had to do was charge aflat rate fee of $7.70 for a priority flat rate box, and any handling charges, not $25.00 shipping for something that can get here even quickerfor less money.
How do I know, I sold 20 jars of baby food, and they all fit in the flat rate box, I only charged $9.99, sounds like a good deal to me, and the buyer got it in 2-3 days, not 2-9 days.
I had emailed the seller, to be nice, and the seller was rude, I was only trying to help. But we will have -those type.
Buyers and sellers need to read the USPS info regarding flat rate boxes, and envelopes, doing this will attract more buyers and sellers to the auction, if you were more educated on how much to charge for a package.
Here you will find additional SHIPPING INFORMATION, to help you get familar with the shipping criteria you need, before you sell!
So newbies, remember to read about the flat rate boxes and envelopes, because there is no reason to overcharge for shipping, you will get more bids, if you indicate less shipping, trust me, I KNOW!!
Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment