Friday, September 9, 2011

illegal linear amplifiers

For many years, I have browsed the linear amplifiers for sale here on E-bay. I am a licensed Extra amateur, so Iknow a bit about amplifiers, and ham radio ingeneral. I know that more than half of amplifiers sold on E-bay are not legal amps. Just putting in an ad that it is intended only for ham use, etc, is not just means for E-bay toallow these amps to be auctioned off. All of the 10 only amps are illegal. Your Palomars, Kris, Boomer, and the like, you know, the Truckstop purchases, are all illegal. These are all splatter boxes, causing nothing but interference. I wish that E-bay would clean up their act when allowing these types of amps to be auctioned off.
I really don't expect this to actually be inserted, so it might have been a waste of my time but what the heck, worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment