Sunday, September 4, 2011

How to Find Inventory for your s StoreGymb

The big thing everyone wants to know about selling on okay is where to
find the stuff to sell. Most people won't give you the time of
day if you ask them where they get their inventory, so I'm about to let
you in on a big secret. There are three basic steps to finding
things to sell: figuring out what you should sell, finding it, and
knowing how much to pay for it.

The most important thing you need to know when you're thinking about
what to sell is go with what you know and like. Think about
it. I sell (mostly) children's clothing because I have a child
and enjoy finding cute clothes for her (and other children). A
single, 40-year-old man probably wouldn't have the first clue about
selling children's clothes, but he might be great at selling automotive
parts. It is almost impossible to pick up something that you have
no interest in just because you might be able to make some money from
it. You CAN make money selling almost anything, but you'll have
FUN doing it if it is something you truly enjoy.

Figuring out what you like isn't as hard as it might seem. My
husband used to tell me that if I could shop for a living we'd be
millionaires. Well, we're not millionaires by any means, but I do
get to shop for a living now, and I love it! Shopping isn't work
for me, but I know plenty of people for who it is. My dad hates
shopping for clothing, but can spend hours in an antique store, when
I'm yawing after 10 minutes. Sell what you like!

After you figure out what you want to sell, you have to be able to find
the inventory to sell. Because I sell mostly clothing, I can't
speak for other areas, but I can give you a basic idea of where to find
inventory. This is important: THERE IS NO SUPER-SECRET PLACE
WHERE E-BAYERS FIND THEIR INVENTORY!!! Inventory can be found in
the most usual places. Shop the clearance racks at your favorite
stores. There are a good 10 stores in my area that I shop for my
inventory. The secret to finding the "good stuff" is to SHOP
OFTEN! If you only go to your favorite store once every two
months, there's a good chance you'll miss out on the clearance
items. Go to your favorite places at least once every two weeks,
if only to scope out what's out there. Try to visit stores in
less populated areas so that there is more selection. Finding
your favorite places WILL TAKE SOME WORK, but it will be worth it in
the end when you have great stuff to sell!

Okay, so you've figured out what to sell and you've figured out where
to find it, now you need to know how much you should pay for it.
First, it's important to know that everyone makes mistakes when
purchasing inventory. I'd bought things for way too much and
passed things up that could have been great. First, if you have
an idea of what you are going to be shopping for, look at gepleted
auctions on okay for those items. For example, if you know that
The Children's Place has a great sale going on, check out auctions of
that brand to see how much things are selling for. When you get
to the store, you'll have a basic idea of how much you can sell an item
for, and be able to buy it for an amount that makes sense to you.
Personally, I try not to pay more than 20% of retail price for items,
knowing that I'll probably be able to sell them for 40-60% of
retail. This is a formula you'll need to work out for yourself,
however, based on what you sell.

It's important to note that you must SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY, even if
it's just a little bit. Do your research, take $50, buy things
you think will sell, sell them, and then go shopping again with your
profits. It can take some time to build up your capital, but it
will be worth it!

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment