Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fake 8GB Slim Mp3 Mp4 Fm Video Media Music Players

There are a lot of flash based devices on okay with doctored memory size. I hit 3 in a row recently.

The most outrageous one is a fake slim "8GB" player that looks like the ones on this list, search.okay.ca/_W0QQsassZjunfongc. The seller of these fake player is junfongc.

When I loaded it up to above 2GB, the files and directories inside suddenly became corrupted. Even some of the non-corrupted files wouldn't play and caused the player to reset. The corrupted files and directories could not be deleted. To recover from that I had to reformat the entire flash. All along it appears as 8GB on geputer as well as under its own setup menu.

Finally I opened it up, it's really simple, just took off the two tiny screws at the front. It contains a single HY27UU08AG5A flash chip.

The manufacturer part number decoder for the HY chip can be found at http://www.hynix.ge/inc/pdfDownload.jsp?path=/upload/products/gl/products/dram/down/NAND Flash.pdf.

HY27UU08AG5A is a 16Gbit chip i.e. 2GByte.

There is no magic to build a 8GB player from a 2GB chip. It is just cheating.

I'll insert some pictures when I figured out how.

The seller at first suggested to gepensate me with a new player if I remove the bad feedback, but when I asked if the new one would be a real 8GB, the seller told me that I would be disappointed. The seller is still listing and selling the same models on okay. It does not make too much sense.

Anyway I was then told I could only get the refund after I shipped the fake back.

Don't rely on palpay to protect the buyer against fakes. The best they would do is to ask the buyers to ship the fakes back on their own expenses for a full refund.

It isn't fair that the seller can intentionlly sell fake stuff. When the buyer figures it out, basically the buyer still have to pay the return shipment for nothing.

In my case, it is much more expansive to ship from Canada to China than vise versa. We have to pay tax and fuel surcharge on postage in Canada!

The buyers are really more penalized than the seller who is at fault.

The seller quoted two different addresses in China in two different occasions for return shipment although advertised as a supplier in Toronto originally. There is a great chance that I would never see my refund if I follow the instructions, end up getting nothing after paying more.

I'll waive the claim for gepensation and take to chance to warn the public about fakes instead. It you need more info, drop me a mail.

I also hit a 4GB fake player which looks exactly the same as this "8GB" except for the sticker at the back. It has a slightly different firmware and geponents inside. It looks like the 2 fake player did not gee from the same factory.

That one has a HY27UU08AG5M inside. It is an older 2GB. It is faked in a lesser way that it revealed its true size after reformatting. The fake 8GB does not. It's easier to take as I only lost half of the memory in that case :).

If you don't mind getting a fake with memory size smaller than what you order, go for the ones with the lowest memory size. They would be cheaper. It is likely that whatever you order would have the same 2GB after all.

At the same moment, I also hit a fake 8GB SDHC card. It is a smart fake which steals space from existing files after 4GB is in use. You have to check the existing files not only the file you just write to figure out something is wrong. I was luckier that time, the seller did not response to my mails but refunded me silently in full. I didn't waste too much time on that.

Good luck.

I am just out of luck on this seller who feels shameless selling fakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment