Friday, September 2, 2011

Nikon D90 vs D80: Features and Capabilities

Nikon D90 vs D80: Features and Capabilities
I enjoy writing these guides. I just wonder how many folks enjoy reading them as much as I like writing them. If this guide is helpful, let me know by clicking "yes" at the bottom. If it needs improvement, send me an eMail and how I can make the guide more user friendly.
Now, let's talk about the D90 and the D80:
Nikon D80:

Nikon D90

UPDATE: I had decided to upgrade my D40 to the D90 for my wife due to the video option the D90 possesses. I heard that the quality was excellent from an electronic department store employee. However, when I went to my good and honest local camera store to get more details and to make my purchase, I found out that the auto focus does not work while the video is running. You are forced to focus while the video is running if your focus point changes. I kept my D40 (6.1 megapixels are A-OK for family shots).
I entered into digital photography (with the exception of a Kodak 3.1mp point-and-shoot I purchased in 2002) in November 2006 with the Nikon D80. It was a decision battle between the Nikon D70s and the D200 when, like Mana from Heaven, Nikon introduced the D80 and my decision was easy.
Like many of the D70s users, when the D80 came out, it probably felt like their cameras were old. Yep, but many D70s users kept on shootin because they knew their D70s were still A-OK. My D80 is A-OK as well and I plan on keeping it and not upgrading to the D90.
D70, D50 and D70s users: There is a guide for you as well.
However, if you are still shooting with a D70 or are looking to get a new D90 or a new (not for long) or used D80

No comments:

Post a Comment