Wednesday, September 7, 2011

TATTING TIPS BY DOVE COUNTRY

Hi - My name is Vicki. I have enjoyed the art of tatting for about 40 years and would like to share some helpful tips.

Metal shuttles gee with removable metal bobbins. I replace
these bobbins with plastic sewing machine bobbins and I usually have
different colors going all the time.
When pressing I cover the tatting with a cloth, spray the
cloth with water and then steam press it. Works very well with
items like snowflakes with plastic beads.
Adding beads. On the chain thread add the beads in the
color orders for your finished project and then move them into place
when needed.
So I can always have a project with me (never can tell when you
will have to wait) I wind off thread and carry it with me in my pocket.
I have taught tatting and found it very rewarding. It is
very difficult finding a teacher, so I am going to mention the tatting
instruction on the internet. You can watch it over and over on
the internet video. The hardest step in tatting is to flip the
stitch. I start students out with varigated 10 weight crochet
thread and rings. I regemend a tatting shuttle with a hook to
pick out mistakes.
TATTING BY DOVE COUNTRY

No comments:

Post a Comment