Friday, September 2, 2011

tips for a fluffy tear bear

I don't like the water method of tearing the paper, so I just trace my pattern onto the mulberry paper,(extra thick is best), then I tear out the shapes.I use double layers, for all of the parts, but you can adjust this accordingly, sometimes not all the pieces need to be doubled. Then I take a dog brush (metal slicker brush) sold in most pet supply stores, it needn't be the most expensive brand, as any slicker brush will do. Then starting in the middle of the piece, I fluff outwards(or sometime a circular motion works best, depending on how fluffy I want the bear.) until the bear is as fluffy as I would like it.You may need to experiment to see what works best for you.Then I assemble the parts,then assemble the bear. When the adhesive is dry, assuming you use some type of glue, refluff lightly, and chalk. I hope this is helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment