Monday, July 20, 2009

Lingerie question: This may seem silly, but....

What is the difference between a full length nightgown and a "full sweep" nightgown? I know many of the popular Olgas are listed as full sweep - and it seems that anything else that is listed as full sweep sells for much more than the regular old full length nightgowns. Is full sweep more of a train? I just acquired about 20 stunning (most from Saks) nightgowns and slips and I think this information could be very valuable in the listing process! Also, what is a crystal pleat? Does the type of lace matter? I know many laces are very valuable, but is this true when they're on clothing too? Most of the lingerie that I purchased is from the 1940-50s, if that helps at all! Are there any general guidelines I should follow or keep in mind when listing? I can post photos, if anybody wants them, but everything looks so dumpy on my dress form, photos just won't do these beauties justice! TIA!



Orignal From: Lingerie question: This may seem silly, but....

No comments:

Post a Comment