Saturday, July 25, 2009

Shipping Way More than eBay Shipping Calculator Figured - WWYD?

I sold a larger item recently, and the ebay shipping calculator on my listing figured way under what the actual shipping costs are turning out to be ($75 under). I offered to fully refund the buyer her money, but the buyer really wants the item and does not want a refund. So I let her know that I still would be happy to ship it to her if she wanted to pay the difference in shipping costs. At first she said she would do that as she really really wants the item, but then she spoke to an ebay representative who told her i am required to ship it to her for the amount the shipping calculator quoted her - and to have her pay more is in violation of ebay policies. I have had issues with the shipping calculator not quite figuring the shipping accurately before and have just eaten the small difference. But I have already lost money on the item, am not charging any handling charge for the extensive packing materials this item is requiring, and honestly do not have a dime to put towards the $75 difference in shipping charges, as every cent I made in the past week went to bills. The buyer requested that I call her so that we can work it out over the phone. But I don't know what else to say but what I already have. I have apologized extensively. What would you do?



Orignal From: Shipping Way More than eBay Shipping Calculator Figured - WWYD?

No comments:

Post a Comment