Thursday, August 6, 2009

Help me out, ladies? Partials: pros and cons

Hi all, Recently sold a (very pretty!) vintage dress; buyer found some "yellowish stains" on it. I apologized, said I would gladly refund her money when she sends the dress back, stated that I don't do partial refunds, and reminded her that my timeframe for returns is 3 days (based on one of the pull-down choices in eBay's returns menus). I don't do tons of sales, and certainly don't get many complaints, so this one has me baffled. We've exchanged a few messages about the subject (and I have been 100% polite in all of mine). My timeframe for returns is stated in all my auctions. She's now calling me "uncooperative" for not being willing to do a partial, now stating: " I am truly baffled by your unwillingness to cooperate with your buyers wishes. That doesn't seem to me to make very good business sense. I figured at the very least you could offer me the price of dry cleaning the item, about $12-$15, which is about what you have to pay for the return shipping....I have been very patient and willing to work it out - please explain to me why you choose not to" I guess I've never been put in the position of having to explain why I don't do partials, having the impression that few sellers do. Do you? Why or why not? Now that she's upset with me, how would you respond in this situation? I really completely prefer for her to simply send the dress back, as she's clearly not happy with it. Additionally, she already purchased the dress by requesting I put a BIN on it, which I did for her (had it as a fixed price listing). Your opinions, please? Would you: a. hold to your preveiously stated offer of a full refund b. capitulate (that may be too strong a word?) to her desires for a LARGE partial c. other? Am I being rude? Is she? I appreciate your thoughts on this; thanks



Orignal From: Help me out, ladies? Partials: pros and cons

No comments:

Post a Comment