Saturday, August 15, 2009

Please help with date of this dress...20's, 30's, 40's? Pic heavy

Hi to you all. Ok I have this 2 piece dress and I have no idea of the era. When it is on the dress form and the two pieces are on, it might look like a 40s dress. However please take a look at the construction. It is so Period that it has me totally confused. The dress closes in front with snaps hidden sewn on ribbon on the inside of the blouse. It has a waist b and and then residual fabric hanging from there, unfinished. Looks so much like my older 1900s clothes. The sleeves are accented with sequins at the hem. And it has this add on collar. The skirt is sewn in the same form with the snap closures and the inside ribbon at the inside of the band and stuff. Anyway, I have several pictures here. ANy ideas on the age? I don't know where to list it. The material appears to be a rayon crepe, has some very nice fall over the body. Thanks in advance.



Orignal From: Please help with date of this dress...20's, 30's, 40's? Pic heavy

No comments:

Post a Comment