Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Uh-oh, I went off on a customer today!

I received this message today from a buyer.. I had actually considered purchasing this dress until I saw the s/h amount. WOW! Are you kidding me? Unless your in another country, this amount is excessive! I considered reporting it to ebay, but thought I would at least give you fair warning...its highway robbery. A dress of this size mailed via the US postal service would not cost more than $5-6...unless you mailed it in a gold-plated box! Ridiculous! Grrrrr, I may have overreacted but this message was completely rude and burned my biscuits in the worst kind of way. This thing was, I had made a mistake in the shipping. I listed the option for EXPRESS shipping instead of Flat Rate envelope. MY BAD!! I certainly would have fixed it but there was only 10 hours left in the listing so I revised it with a note. I would have also re-invoiced for the correct shipping info after the fasct as well. I don't gouge for shipping as you can see from my other listings and my DSR ratings. My response was this: Hi, there. Thanks for letting me know. There must be a mistake in the shipping calculator for the weight or something. I will certainly change it immediately as I only charge actual shipping charges for all items. As you can see from my feedback and DSR's shipping charges stars, I am an honest seller. Next time you come across something that seems incorrect, you might want to try a less harsh approach versus the rude toned email I just received. You are now on my Blocked Bidder list and certainly won't be bidding on my items in the future. Thanks, Staci Then I get this... I sell items as well...the calculator shows you the price for the s/h BEFORE you okay it. You can also review the end description in the preview. You could have edited your listing to change the s/h, but did not. That is shady. No one will look all the way at the bottom of your page to see the note (I did only b/c I was looking for it). And if someone purchases the item, they will initially pay the $18.50...without their mentioning the note at the bottom, I'm hard-pressed to believe that the difference would be refunded since you purposely did not edit the s/h in each listing. I would not want to purchase from you anyway, but thanks for assuming. As a seller I'm disgusted...as a consumer...appalled. You blocked me b/c I pointed out that your s/h was outrageous? Just sounds like someone up to no good. I responded... Wow. Your assumptions are strange. And since you are a seller, you should know the shipping charges (or anything else in a listing for that matter) can not be edited less than 12 hours before a listing end-hence the note at the bottom of the page. And it was your statement that you wanted to bid that got you blocked not my assumptions that you would buy from me. Strange that none of my other listings have "outrageous" shipping charges, huh? I'm just trying to scam buyers on this ONE listing. Yep, I'm a scammer. Get real and get a life. Do not email me again or I will report you for harassment. Normally, I would have let most of this go but it just got under my skin! I just made a "mouse click" mistake and chose the wrong shipping option! I would have gladly fixed it if there had been more time in the listing. Anyway, just wanted to vent, I guess. Off to watch a movie and calm down. Staci



Orignal From: Uh-oh, I went off on a customer today!

No comments:

Post a Comment