Saturday, August 15, 2009

Grey Gardens Fans?

Hey guys! I just learned there was a discussion here (that I can't find now) talking about the HBO remake of the film "Grey Gardens" and I was mentioned....I feel so bad for never showing up!! I did have a gown sold to the costumers that made it into a scene on Jessica Lange which was a major thrill for me!!! That said, since I started my own line of hats, I've made a couple inspired by the Beales and wanted to share them. This one already sold but is made from a beat up, moth hole ridden 60s mohair men's cardi w/ a Little Edie signature brooch...I made this one yesterday, inspired by the ending scene of Little Edie's big moment on stage at the Reno Sweeney in NYC. This is Drew Barrymore as Little Edie in the red get up (accurate costuming, I've seen the original pics)...And my hat, a 60s trashed red leotard I cut up and added vintage florals to with a new piece of embossed felt to create a base on the side...I just felt like I should share since I missed the whole Grey Gardens convo earlier!! There are pics of me and a friend when we did an opening night party at edithbeale.com under "letters to Edie". I love the original and remake!!! ~Ang



Orignal From: Grey Gardens Fans?

No comments:

Post a Comment