Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My second day at the

Well, I was a little less overwhelmed today, but I'm pretty sure I threw out my back from sifting through racks of clothing. I was coughing and sneezing up a storm too! lol. It took me 4 hours this time around, but I'm still not anywhere close to finished. Today's finds that are "for sures" for the exhibit? An insane electric blue Giorgio di Sant'Angelo 70's evening gown that I don't know what to make of (lots of scraves attached plus an extra piece I've no idea what to do with. lol.) 3 pale pink 50's ballgowns - 1 with sequined pailettes inside tulle layers, 1 with pink flocked layers of fluff, and one HUGE one with a train made of a million layers of ruffles. An exquisite wild silk print cocktail dress by Oscar de la Renta (possibly circa 1969 when he first ventured on his own.) A stunning navy grecian draped evening gown by Malcom Starr. A steel blue late 40's very sculptural ballgown that reminds me of something Charles James would do. Some insane 1950's bombshell wiggle dresses that would suit Marilyn Monroe. A crazy 1950's layered petal dress that is shaped like an egg. Wednesday I'm going back to look at coats, hats, shoes and other accessories. I have pics, but they're awful because I just snapped them to remember what I had. I'm gonna need to figure out this Sant'Angelo piece - does anyone know of a resource to figure out how the dresses were supposed to be worn? The extra pieces and sashes are freaking me out. okay, off to bed. Melanie



Orignal From: My second day at the

No comments:

Post a Comment