Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Help 'translating' eBay response to my email

First of all, is there some policy about posting copy/pastes from eBay correspondence? Do you have to paraphrase or something? I don't know why this is so hard for me to get clear on! I think I may just be gun shy (from having listings removed) to believe that I understand what I'm reading here... The gist of it is that I've have all of my most recent exotic skin listings removed because (they) violated the eBay Animals, Plants, and Wildlife policy.... even thought here are entire eBay STORES devoted to such products. Then it was at one time explained to me (by eBay) that it was because I'm in California that the listing were removed. I just accepted it and let it go... for a while. An exceptional piece (IMO) that I'd like to list prompted me to do a little more research. Last week I contacted eBay regarding the specific California law regarding this issue, including existing law and pending changes. In their response to me they state that there may have been changes and may be changes in the future (to CA laws), the existing eBay policy related to these items will still be in effect. Then it goes directly on to say that at this time I am welcome to list things made from gators and crocs, such as footwear and purses. Not only gators and crocs but elephants and zebras! What exactly are they saying? You're welcome to list and we're obliged to remove the listings? Or list now before your state laws change (on 1/1/10) ... ____________________ I'll secondhand that!



Orignal From: Help 'translating' eBay response to my email

No comments:

Post a Comment