Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hi Everyone....Final Comments

I wanted to let you know that my sister Lee's memorial went off beautifully. I wanted to paint the scene for you. The day was sunny and bright and a white tent was set up outside in the country where we grew up. Because of all the rain this year the area looks like a rain forest....so beautiful. There were flowers everywhere...bright and lovely. There were easels with collaged pictures of Lee throughout her life. There were handwritten poems from everyone including all the poems you guys contributed. They were all encased in glass and displayed on easels. There was one huge poster portrait of Lee behind the person that gave the sermon....my brother. The birds were singing and the bees were buzzing. There were many many people there. She was loved by so many. There was lots of tears and lots of laughter. My other sisters and I had an epiphany. We suddenly realized that all four of us are linked so tightly that it was hard to say where one of us ended and the other started. We realized that Lee would always be with us...everytime we talked we'd know what she would've said and everything we did..we knew what she'd of done. We always thought of ourselves as Little Women. Strangely enough in birth succession Lee was Beth. I'm spent but I'm good. I have alot of warm fuzzies and even though I'll miss her I know I can keep her always alive and laughing in my heart and mind. And...that's okay. So I'd like to thank you all so much for your support and your poems and your kindnesses and concerns. This chapter is done and the next time I post it will be to bug you about some garment that I'm clueless about. LOL. Thank you.



Orignal From: Hi Everyone....Final Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment