Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Need help with a vintage nurses cape please

I have seen these listed, but know nothing about them. It is very heavy wool, gorgeous red lining with one interior pocket. Where label would be, there is just a chain for hanging. Chain is hand-sewn in with green thread. Collar is very stiff (as though there is plastic in it), and monogram says "GH". I've read that this usually represents the hospital, but it is very small--and because it is only 2 letters, I'm more inclined to think that is is the initials of the owner. One of the buttons has a stain of some sort, the chain is very dark and aged looking--but I am questioning whether it is vintage because the condition of the wool (and brightness of the lining) is so perfect. Were these duplicated? There is a hook and eye closure at the neck, it is the type you find on vintage items...but I just don't know! I would greatly appreciate any help/opinions! TIA



Orignal From: Need help with a vintage nurses cape please

No comments:

Post a Comment