Friday, September 11, 2009

Mexican Silk Circle Skirt -- with Piggy Banks!

I'm sure we've all seen our share of Mexican circle skirts from the 50s, but am I right to think this one is rather unique and special? It's printed with piggy bank illustrations. And it's silk. I don't think I've ever seen one in silk. When I saw it, I had to wonder if the pig image has any significance in Mexico. I remember seeing these stout, handled painted pigs in market stalls the two times I vacationed there. Any one know if there's some south of the border lore of the pig? Big bummer--this is deep dark purple. I can't do much to adjust the color. It came out royal blue when captured by my cruddy camera. HollyWelcome to my blog.


Orignal From: Mexican Silk Circle Skirt -- with Piggy Banks!

No comments:

Post a Comment