Friday, September 25, 2009

Awesome vintage girdle foundation with odd cups. Can someone help me out?

I have two vintage girdle/foundations with tags that read Custom Made Edith Lances New York and then a Saks 5th Avenue tag. They are both satin panels with zippers up the back, "boning". They are wonderful but there is an odd part to the bust that I just can't figure out and I can't list them until I can describe it correctly or alter them. The right cup on both girdles is lace. The left cup is lace as well but then it is stitched below the cup and an inside panel was added that snaps at top. So essentially you can "stuff" the left side. I'm thinking this was custom made for a woman who had uneven cups sizes. Does that sound right to others? And if that is the case, what are your thoughts about selling them the way they are or should I try to remove the inside panel? It was stitched on by machine and very professionally, so I could end up damaging the satin in the process. I didn't notice this when I purchased them, and they were not inexpensive, so I need to list them one way or the other. I would SO greatly appreciate others thoughts on this. Thanks in advance p.s. I have a good photo but can't for the life of me figure out how to attach it here.


Orignal From: Awesome vintage girdle foundation with odd cups. Can someone help me out?

No comments:

Post a Comment