Friday, September 11, 2009

Etiquette question.... not sure what to do (tome)

I sold an item to someone in Europe last February, shipped to her PayPal address.... but it was incorrect. She'd moved and hadn't updated it. She filed a PP dispute for non-receipt without contacting me. After the dispute was filed we began to correspond - it was very friendly - I refunded her money and she expressed continued interest in repurchasing the item. The package came back to me more than a month later and I contacted her about about starting from scratch - and shipping at a lower cost to her (I offered to ship express or priority and eat the difference). She requested that we postpone the transaction until she returned from holiday in two months. Time passes.... I email to remind her that the item is still available and waiting for her. She asks that if I don't *have* to sell it immediately, she will be financially prepared to purchase it in October and adds "if you cannot wait for me to pay: please le me know- I will fully understand". This was in June. Well, I felt I really needed to list the item and did so the first week in September - I notified her within minutes of listing and said I would accept the same amount she paid last time. Four days later (yesterday) I emailed the same message to an alternate email that she has saying that I would really have to accept some kind of offer on the item if I received one and I have. I haven't heard back from her. Just today I messaged her through eBay... because I checked her activity and noticed she made very recent purchases. I don't know why I didn't think of eBay messaging earlier... Did I do enough? I'd like to accept the offer, but have sort of a not-so-good feeling about it.


Orignal From: Etiquette question.... not sure what to do (tome)

No comments:

Post a Comment