Friday, September 25, 2009

Well..either Omniture is working again...

..or my store has finally gotten into the groove...economy...September rush...? I know the Omniture thing was discussed earlier, and here was the issue as far as I could tell. My Visit, Unique Visitor, and Views pages have been VERY low since June. Very very very low...even on the days I end on, which should be the highest, were still VERY bad related to the 4 Weeks, and the Year Ago count it compares it to. I remember at one point, before then, that on my last day I would have 1,200 views, some items would be viewed 300 times, etc. (Yeh I know some of you gals with big stores are snickering at that amount, but hey for me that was a lot.) They dropped to about 30 a day regular, and then barely 100 on last day. Item pages were at about 16 views. I was depressed, and of course sales were down, but still okay for me. But I noticed recently that the Most Popular Listing counts were WRONG! I just sold these boots and on the item page it said 223, but Omniture was saying 74! But, today I logged in, and my View, Visitor, and Unique was SKY HIGH, like it has not been in such a long time. It went through the roof, granted I did have a lot more item views looking at the auction pages of any item, AND my sales went up drastically (well for ME drastically)...but... Item listing counts on Omniture was still way off! So I just don't know what to trust really, and not sure what the point of this is, but how do I know what is working and what is not. Was my hit count higher than I thought all these months? Was I really getting 1,000 hits when it was saying 100? Now that I am getting 1,000 hits again, is it really 2,000? Why is it not counting the item view properly? Ugh...it's so confusing...


Orignal From: Well..either Omniture is working again...

No comments:

Post a Comment