Friday, September 11, 2009

Would you soak a silk jersey Ceil?

I think it's silk jersey, anyway. The bodice is lined with silk crepe. It's an amazing dress, classic Ceil Chapman. I paid more than I wanted to for a stained dress, and I have had it dry cleaned by THREE different dry cleaners. The last one did the best job, but it still has stains. The bodice has spots (my DH says it looks like gravy), and the skirt folds show stains from years of gathering dust. The thing is, I have nothing to lose. I'm not going to recover what I have in this dress if I sell it as is. So, if you were going to tackle this, what would you use? I have Borax and blue Dawn, that combo has worked for me before. On the other hand, I don't want to completely ruin the dress! I mean, it could be used for study I guess. My preference would be to get the dress clean, and make some money on it. Diana


Orignal From: Would you soak a silk jersey Ceil?

No comments:

Post a Comment