Friday, September 25, 2009

Vintage Carlos Falchi--embossed or reptile?

I have this posted on the shoes and handbag board too, so I apologize if you see it twice. Because it is vintage, I thought I would ask here too. This bag clearly looks embossed to me--dots are perfect, no roughness when you rub it one way as opposed to the other. My question is, I have seen listings for many 70's Falchi bags, and they are virtually all advertised as python/lizard/snake, etc. I found one on a reputable vintage site--almost identical leather but much smaller and a clutch. They were asking over $250.00 for it! Does anyone know if Falchi did embossed bags in the 70's? Interior tag says 'made in U.S.A.'. I'm just afraid to list this as a reptile skin, it really does not seem to me to be--but on the other hand, I don't want to call it embossed if it's the real deal! TIA


Orignal From: Vintage Carlos Falchi--embossed or reptile?

No comments:

Post a Comment