Thursday, August 6, 2009

Costume Jewelry to ID

Hello, I am liquidating a huge collection of Costume and Fine Jewelry from a dealer in our area and I am trying to learn as much as I can. The board is super helpful! Anyhow, she has this piece that she thinks is special but she does not know who made it. The brooch is 3 dimensional with the use of soldering and rivets. Marked with a semi circle "Sterling" mark. The pinkish metal seems to be Sterling with a copper or pinkish gold layer over it. It has worn off on some spots. Faceted Diamond and pear shaped pink stones. I don't know if they are glass or plastic, but they are pretty and clear. The settings are open back. The brooch is about 3.75 inches from top to bottom, 2.5 inches wide and maybe a half inch thick. The earrings are 1.25x1 inche and the screwback is marked sterling as well as the earring. Does anyone have any idea who made this, or how much I should ask for it? I have many more pieces I will need help identifying since they are unmarked and my jewelry library is limited. I have found a lot of information on the net, but I thought I would try this since I have so much to figure out in a short period of time. Thank you so much to anyone who can help- I look forward to any replies!



Orignal From: Costume Jewelry to ID

No comments:

Post a Comment